Approximate Release Month: April 1992
Genre: Golf simulation
Developer: T&E Software
Publisher: T&E Software
Haven’t I played True Golf Classics: Pebble Beach Golf Links before?
Yes, yes I did. It was called True Golf Classics: Waialae Country Club and it was released about five months before Pebble Beach Golf Links. This feels scummy to me, since this probably retailed as a full-priced game and I don’t think there’s enough different and new here to justify that.
I’ll run down what differences I noticed.
- New title screen! It sure would have been embarrassing if T&E Software put the wrong name there!
- There’s a quick start option in the main menu which puts you right in tournament play.
- The main menu song sounds slightly different. The key word there is slightly.
- Different course, obviously.
- Different caddies, one of whom is named Dawg. Seriously.
- The biggest change, and I wish I were joking, is that music now plays when you are golfing!
Everything I said in my review for Waialae Country Club applies here. I don’t really want to play more of a mediocre-at-best golf game than I have to, so check out that review.
Tomorrow: It’s too bad that World League Soccer just missed the World Cup.